Archive for the ‘Juicers’ Category
Age spots sometimes also known as liver spots, solar lentigines or senile lentigines are most often caused by damage to the skin from sun exposure. However there are a number of other factors that can contribute to one developing age spots. Poor liver function, lack of exercise, poor diet and the accumulation of waste products in the system all contribute to the development of age spots.
Here are a few thing you can do to reduce your chances of developing age spots and in some cases eliminate age spots that have already formed.
- Get plenty of exercise, try to exercise at least 4 times a week for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Limit your sun exposure and when you do spend time in the sun be sure to use sun block.
- Cleanse your liver by drinking beet juice. Start out with two to three ounces and gradually increase to six ounces of juice a day.
Drink a quart of cabbage juice a day for three weeks to get rid of an ulcer. It sounds like one of those old wives tiles that’s most likely too good to be true right? Well this old wives tale has been put to the test and it turns out it just might actually work!
Over the years there have been a number studies done on whether cabbage juice can help to heal ulcers. Starting with one done from 1949 to 1952 at Stanford University by Dr. Garrett Cheney. Dr. Chaney states that patients given cabbage juice “showed remarkable improvement within three weeks”. He goes on to state that the high levels of glutamine and S-methylmethionine found in cabbage juice may be responsible for its effectiveness.
Another series of studies found deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL) a Licorice extract to have powerful healing effects for those suffering from both gastric and duodenal ulcers. DGL in chewable supplement form can be found in most health food stores.
Even though cabbage is leafy it has a pretty high juice content so a masticating juicer is not needed for juicing.
Why should I juice my vegetables when I eat plenty of fresh salad and veggies every day as it is? I get this question from time to time and it’s a really good question. In fact when I first got into juicing it was one of the questions I had. Well it turns out there are a few very good reasons why its beneficial to juice vegetables.
- When you juice vegetables and salad greens the juicer does all the work of extracting the nutrients so your body doesn’t have to. It takes a considerable amount of energy for your body to break down food. When you juice your vegetables most of that work is done for you allowing your body to rest and still receive the nutrients only found in fresh veggies.
- By juicing vegetables you consume them raw and most vegetables deliver higher vitamin levels in their raw form. When you cook your veggies most of the natural enzymes are destroyed along with other vital nutrients.
- Most of us don’t get anywhere close to the recommended 5-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables per day ( Recommended Dietary Allowances). By making fruit and vegetable juice a regular part of our diet it is much easier to have a properly balanced diet.
- Kids like juice. It’s a lot easier to get your kids to drink a delicious glass of vegetable juice mixed with some apple juice for flavor, than it is to get them to eat steamed vegetables.
These are just a few of the many reasons that adding fresh organic fruit and vegetable juice to your diet is a great idea. Remember if you want to be able to juice salad greens and wheatgrass you will need a masticating juicer.
Who wouldn’t like to slow down the aging process? While so far no one has discovered a magic elixir which will entirely halt the aging process, research has shown that certain nutrients, many of which are found in high concentrations if vegetable juice, do have the ability to reduce many of the visible signs of aging, help prevent certain types of disease, and even extend our life expectancy.
The Standard American Diet or (SAD) is directly responsible for the top five diseases in the United States. By reducing our intake of refined carbohydrates, saturated fats, cholesterol and sugar and eating more fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds we are providing our body with the essential nutrients it needs for good health.
In their book titled Raw Energy, Leslie and Susannah Kenton state that by eating a raw foods diet a person can radically improve not only there over all health but also their appearance. They explain that after even two weeks on a raw foods diet people have tighter skin softer facial lines, and that their eyes, skin and hair take on a health glow.
An essential tool for anyone exploring a raw foods diet is a good quality juicer. The juicer of choice for a raw foods diet is one of the newer masticating juicers. These juicers do minimal damage to essential vitamins, enzymes and other nutrients.
There are literally dozens of different styles fruit juicer on the market. Many of them share common features but a few have some pretty interesting and useful innovations. Take the L’ Equip 110.5 Mini pulp ejector juicer for example. On this model the manufacturer has designed a extra large three inch diameter feed tube which allows you to juice whole fruit without the need for slicing. This is pretty cool as it reduces prep time by quite a bit!
One thing to note for owners of this model juicer is that it’s still very important make sure that you thoroughly wash your fruit before juicing it. Fruit is treated with all sorts of pesticides these days that you don’t want to be taking into your body. I have noticed that even some organic fruit is coming with wax on it these days which is kind of disturbing. Don’t get me started. Just make sure to wash everything fruits, veggies, wheatgrass all of it… before juicing.
If you find yourself craving pickles, olives, potato chips, or other similar food your body may actually be craving the salt not the actual food. Salt cravings are sometimes caused by serious underlying problems like diabetes or anemia, if you discover that you have salt cravings it’s a good idea to schedule an appointment with your doctor to rule these out. Another less serious factor that can cause you to have salt cravings is adrenal stress. Many things can contribute to adrenal stress. One factor that is very common is consuming too much caffeine. Caffeine is found in many things like coffee, soda, and even chocolate which you may want to cut back on to see if this helps to eliminate you cravings.
There are also some supplements which you can take which can help to support your adrenal glands and may eliminate your craving for salt.
Try taking :
Pantothenic Acid (Vitamin B5)
Here are some fruit and vegetables that are high in the vitamins listed above that may help with your cravings.
Garlic, spinach, celery, parsley, and bananas – Potassium
Kale, Parsley, oranges, grapefruits, green pepper, parsley – Vitamin C
Ginger, garlic, parsley potatoes – Zink
Beets, greens, parsley, spinach, garlic – Magnesium
Kale, spinach, sweet peppers, turnip greens – Vitamin B6
And finally today’s juice recipe is a delicious way to help support your adrenals and possibly eliminate your cravings for salt.
Adrenal Support Elixir:
2 Organic stalks of celery
2 Organic Kale leaves
1/2 Organic beet
1 Small fist full of spinach
1 Small hand full of Parsley
As I mentioned we are adding L’ Equip Juicers to our product line. We just got the L’ Equip Visor Masticating juicer added to the store. This is truly an amazing machine. Its distinctive look and an innovative design are sure to be a compliment to almost any kitchen. Many juicers end up sitting on the shelf or getting tucked away in a closet shortly after being purchased. The primary reason for this is that many juicers are not that very easy to clean! L’ Equip realizing that this was a problem designed the Visor to help address problem by being extremely easy to break down clean and reassemble. As is pretty common with masticating style juicers the Visor can also be used to make noodles, nut butters and is good for a variety of other food processing jobs.
It’s amazing how many people still drink coffee to help them get going in the morning. With all the negative side effects coffee has on your system you would think that people would have found some alternative.
Drinking Coffee on a regular basis has been found to increase your likelihood of developing cancer. It is a well known diuretic and has a dehydrating effect on your system. Dehydration can lead to all sorts of health problems not the least of which is physical exhaustion.
A great alternative to drinking coffee for a pick me up in the morning is to develop the habit of drinking fresh vegetable juice. Like coffee, vegetable juice can be an acquired taste but after you get used to it, it provides an incredible boost of energy and has none of the negative side effects of coffee. When you drink vegetable juice not only are you getting an energy boost you are giving your body a powerful infusion of vitamins and minerals that will lead to an increased level of energy, health and over all vitality.
By purchasing a good juicer like the Omega 8005 you will have the ability to prepare fresh juice anytime you like in the comfort of your own home.
Raw Juicers is proud to announce that we will be adding L’ Equip juicers to our product line. L’ Equip is a US company not only dedicated to promoting healthy living but also to helping the environment. Starting in 2008 as part of an effort to help balance out planets environment L’ Equip started a yearlong campaign. During this campaign every time someone purchases a product from L’ Equip a donation will be made to the Arbor Day Foundation to plant a tree in one of the US reforestation projects. It is simple acts like this, which over time will help return balance to our environment.
In addition to just being a good responsible earth friendly company L’ Equip brand juicers are some of the best on the market and have some very exciting innovations not found anywhere else. For example there Mini Pulp Ejector Juicer has a extra large feed tube which allows you to juice large fruits and veggies without having to chop them up. And for those that want a juicer that does just about everything the Omni L’ Equip Masticating Juicer is in a league of its own.
There are a few reasons why drinking vegetable juice is more beneficial for your you than simply eating your veggies.
1. It’s easier to get a good variety of vegetables in your diet if you juice. We are all creatures of habit, we drive to work the same way we, we sleep on the same side of the bed and we tend to eat the same things on a fairly regular basis. If you get in the habit of drinking fresh vegetable juice every day then it’s simple to switch out the ingredients. You don’t have to worry about how the new vegetable you are trying should be prepared or if you will like it just add it to your morning juice and you get all the benefits of a varied diet.
2. You will consume a lot more vegetables if you juice them. Let’s face it for most of us veggies are not our favorite food. As a result very few of us get even close to the recommended daily allowance. By juicing your greens it becomes much easier to get the correct amount of veggies in your diet.
3. Many people who eat the Standard American Diet or “SAD” have impaired digestion which makes it difficult to absorb all the nutrients from the food they eat. When you juice your vegetables the juicer extracts all the nutrients from the pulp for you making it much easier for your body to absorb.
Its important to get a good juicer when you’re just getting started so that you don’t get discouraged. Cheep juicers are loud, difficult to clean and often break. A good juicer like the Omega 8005 is an investment that will serve you well for years to come.